Super Danny the Histon star
Histon 1 Swindon 0FORMER Dereham star Danny Wright fired Histon to a superb 1-0 win over League One strugglers Swindon in the FA Cup first round.The Glassworld Stadium side were good value for their win as they continue their fine season.
Histon 1 Swindon 0
FORMER Dereham star Danny Wright fired Histon to a superb 1-0 win over League One strugglers Swindon in the FA Cup first round.
The Glassworld Stadium side were good value for their win as they continue their fine season.
Wright, who joined Histon from the Eastern Counties League side, was a constant threat to the Robins defence throughout and grabbed the only goal in the 67th minute when he smashed in Lanre Oyebanjo's corner for his eighth goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Swindon received an early blow when goalkeeper Phil Smith was replaced by Slovakian Peter Brezovan after receiving a kick in the head in a 50-50 challenge with Histon striker Jack Midson.
Brezovan was soon in the action when he tipped over Midson's looping header from a huge Gareth Gwillim throw in the 16th minute.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
But eight minutes before the break referee Steven Rushton and his officials took centre stage.
Rushton initially awarded the home side a goal when Wright headed in another Gwillim throw but after a long consultation with his colleagues the goal was chalked off for pushing.
Histon finally went ahead in the 67th minute when Wright was left in acres of space to fire in Oyebanjo's corner.