Super Spedeweekend at Foxhall Stadium raring to go with 45th running of Hot Rod final
- Credit: Archant
It’s the meeting everyone looks forward to and have been planning for months – the 2017 National Hot Rod Championship of the World and Spedeweekend at Foxhall Stadium, Ipswich.
This weekend, Foxhall plays host to an absolute feast of top class Stadium Oval Motorsport.
As ever, the headline of the weekend will be the National Hot Rod World Championship, but we also stage the Lightning Rod World Championship, East Anglian Daily Times/ BBC Radio Suffolk Superstox National Championship, Classic Hot Rod National Championship, the National Hot Rods Revenge Race, Ninja Karts Stars of the Future races as well as the 1300 Stock Car Supreme Championship, Stock Rod European Championship, Superstox Eaton Family Trophy, the Bangers Team Event, Nick Thomas National Hot Rod Memorial and the 2.0Ltr Hot Rod National Championship.
There is a whole lot more besides including the International Wheelbarrow Grand Prix, fun and games for the kids and even Fancy Dress!
The English National Hot Rods completed their National Series Finale recently which saw Kym Weaver take the English Points title, whilst Shane Murray took the Northern Irish, David Casey the Southern Irish and Ian Donaldson the Scottish for the third year in succession and since then we have seen another great drive from Glenn Bell to take the 2017 Thunder 500 at Foxhall Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, the past year’s work, travelling, racing and commitment will all be laid on the line as we witness the 45th running of the great race, which for many reasons, could just be one of the most ‘open’ world finals for some time.
Be sure to be there to witness history once again being made.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
There is the added prize this year that this year’s winner of the National Hot Rod World Championship will receive an all-expenses paid trip to South Africa to race at ‘The Rock’ in the South African ‘Open Championship’ as per Adam Maxwell did last year. All the winner will need is his spending money for the trip of a lifetime!
Racing starts at noon on both Saturday and Sunday, with the entertainment starting from 9.30am each day so fans are advised to arrive early to soak in the atmosphere and join in the fun on the terraces.