Super Witches thrash Plymouth in League Cup
Plymouth Devils 41 Ipswich Witches 51
IPSWICH Witches finished their League Cup campaign with a morale-boosting victory at Plymouth.
The Suffolk side were aggressive from the off and although home stars Ricky Wells and Cory Gathercole collected plenty of points, the Witches were always in control.
Morten Risager and Kevin Doolan led the scorecharts for the ‘Sackers’ side with 11 and 10 points respectively, and this was a much-improved effort from the Suffolk side.
“It was a great win,” Witches boss Pete Simmons said.
You may also want to watch:
“All the boys did their bit and it was nice to see us making starts and looking fast.
“Plymouth were without Ben Barker and Ryan Fisher, but Wells did well as did rider replacement for them. It’s a big confidence-booster and we needed this.”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 9 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
Ipswich have already made the semi-finals of the League Cup, but cemented that position and they will now race Workington home and away in the semi-finals of the competition.
At Plymouth, Ipswich were only behind once, but after Rohan Tungate and Leigh Lanham raced to a heat five 5-1, they never looked in danger.
On Saturday the Witches travel to Berwick for the second leg of the KO Cup, leading by six points.
Scores at Plymouth
Ipswich: L Lanham 9+2, R Tungate 8, K Doolan 10+1, M Risager 11, R/R, M Tresarieu 8+1, C Heeps 5+2.
Ipswich star Dakota North is out of action with a broken toe sustained at Foxhall on Thursday night, he hopes to be back for the clash with Redcar on Thursday at Redcar. There is no meeting at Foxhall this week.