Super Witches through to KO Cup final
Edinburgh 52 Ipswich 37. Agg 87-92
IPSWICH ‘Sackers’ Witches are through to the KO Cup final after a battling performance in Scotland on Friday night.
The visitors started poorly with a 5-1 maximum against them in heat one, but soon levelled the scores on the night in the next race.
From that point on the Witches held their nerve, despite the unbeaten efforts of Edinburgh’s Craig Cook and Theo Pijper.
And while falls for Taylor Poole, Mat Tresarrieu and Rohan Tungate didn’t help matters, the Foxhall side held their nerve to the end.
You may also want to watch:
For quotes from team manager Pete Simmons, see Saturday’s EADT
On Saturday night the Witches look to reach another cup final, the League Cup final, as they race Workington in Cumbria, looking to hold onto a 12-pt lead.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain