Support builds for Lord's final
SPECTATORS wishing to go to Lord's to watch Suffolk play in their Minor Counties KO Trophy final have until next Monday to book their coach travel.Suffolk, who face Cheshire at the home of cricket on Monday, August 27, are already assured of a good level of support for their first appearance in a Lord's final.
SPECTATORS wishing to go to Lord's to watch Suffolk play in their Minor Counties KO Trophy final have until next Monday to book their coach travel.
Suffolk, who face Cheshire at the home of cricket on Monday, August 27, are already assured of a good level of support for their first appearance in a Lord's final.
Suffolk official David Armes, who is handling coach bookings on behalf of the county, said: “We have got something in the region of 150 tickets sold already on the coaches, and there are probably another 50 spectators who we know of who will be making their own way to Lord's for various reasons.
“We will have at least a couple of hundred supporters going along to watch, and hopefully more than that. I understand that some local cricket clubs are still getting names together, but if they wish to go by coach they need to let me know as soon as possible and by the 20th of the month at the latest.”
You may also want to watch:
Coaches will be leaving from Ipswich, Stowmarket and Bury St Edmunds from around 7.30am and the cost is £15 per person.
The coaches will leave Lord's approximately one hour after the close of play, which will allow for the after-match presentations and for spectators to get back to the pick-up point.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
Entrance to the ground itself will be £10 per person, which will be payable at the gate on the day.
For those who wish to watch the match in added luxury, Suffolk are organising an executive box. This will include drinks, lunch, tea etc and cost £95 per person.
For further information and bookings, contact David Armes, Suffolk County Cricket Board administration officer, at 11 Kirkton Close, Shotley Gate, Ipswich IP9 1QG, telephone 01473 787630 or 07710 500383 or via email at email@example.com
All cheques should be made payable to Suffolk CCA. The match is scheduled to start at 11am and will be played on the second strip in from the end of the square on the Mound Stand side of the ground.