Swans' boss resigns after three years
PHIL Greenhalgh has resigned as Westerfield United manager after three seasons in charge of the Metaltec SIL Senior Division club.He will be moving to a new role within the Swans that he says will be just as important.
PHIL Greenhalgh has resigned as Westerfield United manager after three seasons in charge of the Metaltec SIL Senior Division club.
He will be moving to a new role within the Swans that he says will be just as important.
“I plan to take on the role of fundraiser,” said Greenhalgh, who told the Westerfield committee of his intentions six weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
“The recession will see many clubs struggle financially next season. Sponsors who have put in say �500 this campaign could easily be lost.
“And that income is vital with it costing over �7,000 to run Westerfield a season.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
“I would not be able to combine both roles, and management is more for a younger man.
“It takes up so much of your personal time, and I want to commit myself 100 per cent on the money-making side.”
Westerfield chairman Chris Cushnahan said: “Phil has worked tirelessly and his new position will be discussed later this month at our annual general meeting.”
The Swans are seeking applications for a new manager both internal and external, and these should be made to Cushnahan on 07900 691325 or 01394 279844 by May 25.
He will be away for part of the next two weeks and contact numbers can be left on his voicemail if no answer.