Matchday Live: Blues end winless run with dramatic Swansea win
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town are at the Liberty Stadium today to take on Swansea City in the Championship (kick-off 3pm).
The Blues head to south Wales sitting 23rd in the Championship table, where they will face a Swansea side currently seventh in their first campaign following relegation from the Premier League.
Despite having failed to score in four of their last five matches Graham Potter’s side have impressed in recent weeks, but manager Paul Hurst wants his players to play with courage and show a clinical edge when chances come.
“We have to understand it’s just another team that are in our league and let’s go there first and foremost and give it a real go,” he said.
“And that’s what we’ll be asking of whichever team I put out there and also try and make sure we ask questions of them because I think there have been situations in games where teams have maybe not capitalised on some moments.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s what it’s all about, you’ve got to try and take advantage when those moments come. Can you be clinical? Can you find the right pass or see the pass in the first place? And that’s what we’ll be looking to do.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?