Cotter to remain with Ipswich despite Swindon interest
- Credit: Archant
Barry Cotter is set to remain at Ipswich Town despite transfer interest from League Two Swindon.
The Wiltshire side, managed by former Ipswich loanee Richie Wellens, showed interest in the Irishman and were understood to be keen on a permanent deal.
While the Blues were understood to have entertained the idea of allowing the young defender to depart, he will remain at Portman Road after the move fell through.
The 20-year-old’s Ipswich career started with a bang as, following a £50,000 move from Limerick a year ago, he impressed on his first Town start in what proved to be Mick McCarthy’s final game in charge.
He has only made one substitute appearance since, though, and has not been involved with the first-team this season.
You may also want to watch:
Cotter has been an important part of the Ipswich Under 23 team which currently sits top of their league following an impressive season.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 10 Is this the most perfect pizza in Suffolk?