Felixstowe hockey talent Wash picked for England
- Credit: Archant
A Felixstowe teenager is celebrating becoming the first hockey player from the town to be picked for England.
Sam Wash, 15, a student at Felixstowe Academy who plays for the town’s hockey club, has been called up for the national under 16 squad.
Sam said: “I am still in shock at the thought of being selected to play for England. I am very proud to be able to represent my club and my town and I am so thankful for all of the support I’ve had to get here, from my parents and teachers to my coaches and my sponsors.
“I can’t wait for my England kit to arrive and see it is real!”
Andrew Rowdon from the Rotary Club of Felixstowe, who sponsor Sam, added: We are thrilled to be able to support Sam realising his dream to represent England.
You may also want to watch:
“He has achieved so much for his 15 years – and more than any other player in Felixstowe’s history.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 7 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river