Edun back with Fulham after suffering eye injury
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Loanee Tayo Edun is back with parent club Fulham after suffering an eye injury.
The 20-year-old has made seven appearances for the Blues but has not featured since Paul Lambert took charge at the end of October.
He is now back at his parent club for treatment.
“He’s got an injury at the minute so he’s back at Fulham,” Lambert said.
“He’s out of the equation with an eye injury. I think he’s had a knock on it and it’s swelled up so he had to go back to Fulham.”
Edun’s last appearance for the Blues was more than a month ago, in Paul Hurst’s final game in charge at Leeds, which came a month after his previous appearance as a substitute in the 0-0 draw with Bolton.
Edun is one of five loanees at the club, with Janoi Donacien (Accrington), Matthew Pennington (Everton), Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea) and Jordan Graham (Wolves) all on temportary deals.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
Graham is currently training with Oxford, with his Ipswich loan almost certain to be terminated in January, while Donacien’s loan will become a £750,000 permanent transfer once he receives his biometric residence permit.
Tristan Nydam (St Johnstone), Josh Emmanuel (Shrewsbury), Luke Woolfenden (Swindon) and Ben Morris (Forest Green) are all out on loan, with Lambert considering activating recall options.