Team Ipswich finish second at East Region Youth Championships
Team Ipswich finished second in the medal table at this year’s East Region Youth Championship, held in Basildon last weekend.
The team came away from Essex with eight gold, ten silver and eight bronze medals including a great 1-2-3 in the boys’ backstroke, along with eight more national qualifying times.
Aaron Lynch won gold in the 17/18 yrs 50m freestyle (24.67), the 100m freestyle (53.47) and the 100m breaststroke (1.07.06), while Ryan Tomkins, in the same age group, swam 4.03.36 to secure the win in the 400m freestyle. He also finished second in the 200m freestyle (1.55.71), before landing third in the 100m freestyle (53.79).
Kilian Korth finished top in the 15/16 yrs 100m backstroke in 1.00.94 and picked up a silver medal in the 200m backstroke in 2.13.79.
Sonny Trigg claimed gold with a win in the boys 15/16yrs 100m butterfly in 1.00.34. He also took silver in the 50m event in 27.29.
You may also want to watch:
Team mate Robert Aland was third in the 15/16 yrs 50m fly in 27.47 and also third in the 50m freestyle in 25.86.
Regan Lloyd was another medal winner with a silver medal in the 15/16 yrs 100m backstroke in 1.01.86 and second again in the 100m freestyle in 54.98.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Crash between two motorbikes
- 8 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 9 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
He also took silver in the 200m freestyle in a time of 1.58.60 and a bronze in the 400m freestyle in 4.14.32.
Louis Seller also collected medals, winning two silvers and two bronze in the 400m freestyle and 400IM and 100m backstroke and 200m freestyle respectively.
Jack Hollis earned bronze in the 17/18 yrs 200m IM (2.13.22) and the 400m IM (4.43.75).
The 15/18 yrs medley team of Kilian Korth, Aaron Lynch, Jack Hollis and Ryan Tomkins secured gold and a sixth-placed ranking going into the National Championships in the summer.
Ryan Tomkins, Elliot Cook, Aaron Lynch and Regan Lloyd finished in top spot in the 15/18 yrs 400m freestyle team with a ranking of fifth place for the summer.
The B team of Robert Aland, Louis Seller, Jack Hollis and Kilian Korth secured both third place in the 15/18 yrs 400m freestyle relay and a place in the National Championships, in 30th spot.
Other Team Ipswich members competing, included Eleanor Tomkins, Jessica Harvey, Emma Studd and Charlie Smith.