Team Ipswich water polo trio enjoy national glory
- Credit: Archant
Three Team Ipswich Water Polo girls were part of the winning side at the ASA National Age Group Water Polo Club Championships (U15) at the Manchester Aquatics Centre at the weekend.
Poppy Mayall, Meg Wall-Peters and Eve Poole all played leading roles for their second call club, London Otter, in the team’s impressive display at the championship, which included a 21-1 thrashing of last year’s victorious champions the City of Manchester.
The Ipswich girls racked up 45 of Otter’s 83-goal haul in the tournament, with Poppy scoring 17, Eve 15 and Meg 13.
They were also three of the five Otter players who were in the contest’s top 10 scorers.
In the final, Otter came up against City of Liverpool who put in a strong second half performance.
You may also want to watch:
However, London Otter held their nerve sealing their U15 Girls Water Polo Championships 2015 title with a final goal in the last 10 seconds for a 7-3 (4-2, 3-1) victory.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 9 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast