TEAM NEWS: Cole Skuse replaces Anthony Wordsworth for visit of Nottingham Forest
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Forest: Fit-again Cole Skuse has gone straight back into the Ipswich Town starting XI at the expense of Anthony Wordsworth for this afternoon’s Championship game against Nottingham Forest at Portman Road.
That is the only change Mick McCarthy has made to his side following last Saturday’s 2-0 win at Brighton and Tuesday night’s 2-1 home win over Derby.
Skuse had started every league game before missing the last two with a hip injury, with Wordsworth – not even on the bench today – having shone in his place.
Nottingham Forest caretaker boss Gary Brazil – promoted from youth team boss – has handed a surprise start to academy striker Ben Osborn, the teenager having never made a Football League appearance.
Forest have gone nine games in all competition without a win, dropping from third in the table to seventh – level on points with Ipswich.
Click here for full match preview.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-1-1): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Anderson, Skuse, Hyam, Hunt; Williams; Murphy.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Green, Tabb, Nouble, Ebanks-Blake.
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 5 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
NOTTINGHAM FOREST (4-2-3-1): Darlow; Peltier, Halford, Collins (cpt), Fox; Jara, Greening; Mackie, Majewski, Paterson; Osborn.
Subs: De Vries, Harding, Tudgay, Derbyshire, McLaughlin, Cox, Blake.
Referee: Andrew Madley