TEAM NEWS: Cole Skuse replaces Anthony Wordsworth for visit of Nottingham Forest
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Forest: Fit-again Cole Skuse has gone straight back into the Ipswich Town starting XI at the expense of Anthony Wordsworth for this afternoon’s Championship game against Nottingham Forest at Portman Road.
That is the only change Mick McCarthy has made to his side following last Saturday’s 2-0 win at Brighton and Tuesday night’s 2-1 home win over Derby.
Skuse had started every league game before missing the last two with a hip injury, with Wordsworth – not even on the bench today – having shone in his place.
Nottingham Forest caretaker boss Gary Brazil – promoted from youth team boss – has handed a surprise start to academy striker Ben Osborn, the teenager having never made a Football League appearance.
Forest have gone nine games in all competition without a win, dropping from third in the table to seventh – level on points with Ipswich.
Click here for full match preview.
You may also want to watch:
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-1-1): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Anderson, Skuse, Hyam, Hunt; Williams; Murphy.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Green, Tabb, Nouble, Ebanks-Blake.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
NOTTINGHAM FOREST (4-2-3-1): Darlow; Peltier, Halford, Collins (cpt), Fox; Jara, Greening; Mackie, Majewski, Paterson; Osborn.
Subs: De Vries, Harding, Tudgay, Derbyshire, McLaughlin, Cox, Blake.
Referee: Andrew Madley