TEAM NEWS: Frank Nouble and Anthony Wordsworth start against Sheffield Wednesday
Ipswich v Sheff Weds: Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy has made two changes to his starting line-up for this lunchtime’s season-finale against Sheffield Wednesday at Portman Road.
Frank Nouble and the fit-again Anthony Wordsworth have been promoted to the team, replacing the injured Cole Skuse (ribs) and Stephen Hunt following last weekend’s 1-0 defeat at Burnley.
Youngsters Tyrone Mings, Alex Henshall (Manchester City loanee) and Jack Marriott are all on the bench.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-1-1): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Richardson, Green, Wordsworth, Nouble; Williams; Murphy. Subs: Loach, Mings, Tabb, Hunt, Henshall, Taylor, Marriott.
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (4-4-1-1): Martinez; Lee, Onyewu, Loovens (cpt), Mattock; Antonio, Coke, Hutchinson, Lavery; Maguire; Nuhiu.
Subs: Kirkland, Maghoma, McCabe, Helan, Llera, Stobbs, Best.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 10 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
Referee: Carl Boyeson