TEAM NEWS: Frank Nouble and Anthony Wordsworth start at Blackburn Rovers
Blackburn v Ipswich: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has made two changes to his side for this afternoon’s Championship match at Blackburn Rovers.
Following the 1-1 home draw against Nottingham Forest last weekend, Anthony Wordsworth and Frank Nouble have replaced Paul Anderson and Stephen Hunt in the starting XI.
Anderson (bad back) is not in the squad, while Hunt drops to the bench. It’s understood that it will still be a 4-4-1-1 formation, with the front man Nouble and central midfielder Wordsworth both playing on the wings.
Blackburn boss Gary Bowyer has made one change to his team following their 3-3 home draw with Brighton in midweek, striker Rudy Gestede replacing midfielder David Dunn.
– Click here for full match preview. Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
BLACKBURN ROVERS (4-4-2): Robinson; Keane, Hanley (cpt), Kilgallon, Spurr; Cairney Evans, Williamson, Conway; Gestede, Rhodes. Subs: Eastwood, King, Dunn, Varney, Taylor, Etuhu, Feeney.
You may also want to watch:
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-1-1): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Wordsworth, Skuse, Hyam, Nouble; Williams; Murphy. Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Green, Tabb, Hunt, Ebanks-Blake.
Referee: Keith Stroud
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks