TEAM NEWS: Hunt and Nouble promoted to starting XI for visit of Bolton
Ipswich v Bolton: Blues boss Mick McCarthy looks to have again changed his formation to counter-act the opposition for today’s visit of struggling Bolton to Portman Road.
Town beat Reading 2-0 last weekend, with wing play a big part of that victory, and then stuck with a 4-4-2 formation for the 1-1 draw at Leeds in midweek.
McCarthy appears to have selected a 4-3-3 system for the visit of 18th-place Bolton this afternoon though, the Trotters playing with a 4-2-3-1 formation of late.
Right-winger Paul Anderson has been replaced by striker Frank Nouble, while Stephen Hunt – who produced a man-of-the-match left-wing display last weekend and was then rested at Elland Rpad – returning to the team as a replacement for Ryan Tunnicliffe (recalled by Manchester United and sold to Fulham on transfer deadline day).
Former Ipswich midfielder Liam Trotter – who made a deadline day move to Bolton from Millwall – is on the bench for the visitors, with new loan striker Lukas Jutkiewicz making his full debut following the departures of David Ngog and Craig Davies.
You may also want to watch:
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-3-3): Gerken; Chambers, Berra, Smith, Cresswell: Tabb, Skuse, Hunt; Nouble, McGoldrick, Murphy.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Anderson, Edwards, Wordsworth, Taylor.
BOLTON (4-2-3-1): Lonergan; Baptiste, Knight, Mills, Ream; Spearing, Medo; Pratley, M Davies, Danns; Jutkiewicz.
Subs: Bogdan, White, Vela, Trotter, Moritz, Eagles, Lee.
Referee: Charles Breakspear