TEAM NEWS: Hunt replaced by Tabb at Leeds
Leeds v Ipswich: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has decided to drop Irish winger Stephen Hunt for tonight’s game at Leeds following his man-of-the-match performance in Saturday’s 2-0 home
Unsurprisingly, Paul Anderson – impressive last weekend after being brought on as a half-time substitute – has replaced Carlos Edwards on the right of midfield.
More surprisingly, Stephen Hunt – man-of-the-match against the Royals – drops back to the bench, with Jay Tabb starting on the left of midfield.
Hunt produced a high energy display in what was only his third competitive start in little under nine months, with McCarthy admitting that the 32-year-old was ‘goosed’ when withdrawn not long after the hour mark.
Edwards, who had needed to apply ice to a sore groin when taken off for Anderson last weekend, drops out of the squad completely and is replaced by new loan signing Frazer Richardson on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Leeds boss Brian McDermott has made one change to his team following their narrow 1-0 home defeat to Leicester 10 days earlier. Striker Luke Varney drops out of the starting XI and squad altogether amid reports he is on his way to Blackburn. He is replaced up front by El-Hadji Diouf.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 9 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
LEEDS UNITED (4-4-2): Kenny, Lees, Pearce, Byram, Warnock; Stewart, Austin, Brown, Stewart; McCormack (cpt), Diouf.
Subs: Cairns, Peltier, Murphy, Pugh, Wootton, Poleon, Mowatt.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Anderson, Skuse, Tunnicliffe, Tabb; Murphy, McGoldrick.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Wordsworth, Hunt, Taylor, Nouble.
Referee: David Webb