Team news: Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy names an unchanged side to face Preston North End.
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mick McCarthy has kept faith with the starting XI which beat Leeds on Tuesday night, as his Ipswich Town side face Preston this afternoon.
Striker Brett Pitman scored the winner on Tuesday but has to be content with a place on the bench, with Daryl Murphy leading what is likely to be a front three also including Freddie Sears and Ryan Fraser.
There’s one change for the visitors, with Alan Browne in for Calum Woods following their victory over Bristol City.
ITFC: Gerken; Chambers, Smith, Berra, Knudsen; Douglas, Skuse, Bru; Fraser, Sears, Murphy.
Subs: Bialkowski, Malarczyk, Hyam, Maitland-Niles, Oar, Varney, Pitman.
You may also want to watch:
PNE: Johnstone, Clarke, Huntington, Wright. Cunningham, Browne, Pearson, Johnson, Gallagher, Doyle, Garner.
Subs: Kirkland, Woods, Vermijl, Kilkenny, Welsh, Robinson, Hugill
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship