TEAM NEWS: Jonny Williams has to make do with a place on the bench with Ipswich Town unchanged at Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough v Ipswich: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has named an unchanged starting XI for today’s Championship match at Middlesbrough.
The fit-again midfield duo of Jonny Williams and Luke Hyam both have to make do with a place on the bench, with McCarthy sticking with the same team which secured a 1-0 home win over Birmingham last weekend.
Boro boss Aitor Karanka – whose side haven’t scored in 11-and-a-half hours of football – has made six changes to his side following their 1-0 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday.
Keeper Tomas Mejias (finger), centre-back Jonathan Woodgate (back) and midfielder Dean Whitehead (suspended) are all enforced absentees, while Kai Kamara, Jacob Butterfield and Albert Adomah all drop out.
Greek journeyman Dimi Konstantopolous has been given the nod over Luke Steele in goal and makes his first league start for Boro. Ex Ipswich midfielder Grant Leadbitter returns to the side and has been given the captain’s armband. It’s also Lee Tomlin’s first league start for the club.
You may also want to watch:
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
MIDDLESBROUGH (4-2-3-1): Konstantopoulos; Varga, Gibson, Omeruo, Friend; Chalobah, Leadbitter (cpt); Carayol, Tomlin, Ledesma; Graham.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 5 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 9 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
Subs: Steele, Kamara, Butterfield, Williams, Main, Atkinson, Morris.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-3-3): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Green, Skuse, Tabb; Nouble, Taylor, Murphy.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Hyam, Anderson, Hunt, Williams, Ebanks-Blake.