Team news: Luke Hyam and Jonathan Douglas set to return to Ipswich Town side to face Hull
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Luke Hyam and Jonathan Douglas are set to return for Ipswich Town, when they face Hull tomorrow night.
Douglas has missed the last three games following his red card at Birmingham, while Hyam was absent at Bristol City due to concerns over a tight calf.
However, both are set to return for the visit of the league leaders, although the likes of Ryan Fraser (hamstring), Cole Skuse (toe), Teddy Bishop (shin/hamstring), David McGoldrick (groin) and Giles Coke (knee) remain sidelined.
“He’s (Hyam’s) fine, he’s trained the back end of last week and this week now, so he’s fully fit and raring to go,” he said.
“They’ll be back.
You may also want to watch:
“To have Dougie back is great for us because prior to that he’d been excellent, to have him and Luke back will add something to our midfield and gives us options for tomorrow night.”
McCarthy also revealed that Polish defender Piotr Malarczyk has been missing in recent weeks due to a kidney stone.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“Painful I believe, I hope I never find out,” he said.
“He had the procedure done on Wednesday, I’ve spoken to him this morning and he’s fine now. But he’s not trained and isn’t ready for the squad but the stone has gone.”