TEAM NEWS: McCarthy makes four changes for Blackburn visit
Ipswich v Blackburn: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has made four changes to his starting line-up for tonight’s Championship game against Blackburn Rovers at Portman Road.
Following Saturday’s bruising 1-0 win at Charlton, midfielders Paul Anderson, Ryan Tunnicliffe and Jay Tabb, as well as striker Daryl Murphy have all dropped to the bench.
In their place starts Carlos Edwards (who takes the captain’s armband off of Luke Chambers), Luke Hyam, Stephen Hunt (first start) and Frank Nouble.
Blackburn Rovers start with an ex-Ipswich Town strike duo of Jordan Rhodes and DJ Campbell. The latter is one of two changes to the team which beat Leeds 1-0 on Saturday.
He replaces the injured David Dunn (ankle), while Lee Williamson is in for Chris Taylor (out for personal reasons).
You may also want to watch:
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Gerken; Chambers, Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), Skuse, Hyam, Hunt; Nouble, McGoldrick.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Motorcyclist in life-threatening condition after crash with parked cars
Subs: Loach, Mings, Tabb, Tunnicliffe, Anderson, Graham, Murphy.
BLACKBURN ROVERS (4-4-2): Kean; Kane, Hanley, Dann (cpt), Spurr; Williamson, Lowe, Cairney, King; Campbell, Rhodes.
Subs: Eastwood, Kilgallon, Marshall, Rochina, Judge, Henley, Gestede.
Referee: Fred Graham