Team news: McCarthy makes one change as Maitland-Niles drops to the bench at Rotherham
Mick McCarthy has made one change to his side for this afternoon’s trip to Rotherham, with Ainsley Maitland-Niles dropping to the bench and Jonathan Douglas coming into the starting line-up.
Midfielder Maitland-Niles opened the scoring against Bolton on Tuesday but limped off before half-time with a foot injury, although he has recovered sufficiently to take his place on the bench.
Jonathan Douglas comes in to replace him in midfield, with McCarthy naming an otherwise unchanged side.
David McGoldrick is not involved having limped out of training earlier this week, with Larsen Toure taking his place on the bench.
For the hosts, former Blues Danny Collins, Paul Green and Frazer Richardson all start, striker Matt Derbyshire returns from injury and top scorer Jonson Clarke-Harris is on the bench,
You may also want to watch:
Rotherham: Camp; Richardson, Rawson, Collins, Toffolo; Thorpe, G Ward, Green, Barker; Derbyshire, D Ward.
Subs: Collin, Broadfoot, Buxton, Smallwood, Newell, Clarke-Harris, Andreu.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
ITFC: Gerken, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Knudsen; Skuse, Bru, Douglas, Pitman, Murphy, Sears.
Subs: Bialkowski, Malarczyk, Parr, Coke, Maitland-Niles, Toure, Oar.