Team news: Murphy and Douglas return as Ipswich Town face Leeds
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Daryl Murphy and Jonathan Douglas both return to the Ipswich Town side following injury, as the Blues host Leeds United tonight.
The pair sat out Saturday’s 2-2 FA Cup draw with Portsmouth while nursing knocks, with Douglas also missing the 0-0 draw away at Burnley on January 2.
Both return tonight, as manager Mick McCarthy reverts to his regular side having rested players for Saturday’s cup clash. There is just one change from the last league game at Dean Court, with Douglas in for Luke Hyam, who drops to the bench.
For the visitors, former Ipswich loanee Chris Wood misses out with injury.
ITFC: Gerken, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Knudsen; Skuse, Bru, Douglas, Sears, Fraser, Murphy.
Subs: Bialkowski, Malarczyk, Hyam, Maitland-Niles, Oar, Varney, Pitman.
LUFC: Silvestri, Wootton, Bellusci, Cooper, Taylor, Byram, Bridcutt, Mowatt, Cook, Carayol, Doukara.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 5 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 9 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 10 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Coyle, Bamba, Phillips, Murphy, Dallas, Antenucci.