TEAM NEWS: No place in the squad for Jonny Williams after suffering ‘slight knock’ in training
Ipswich v Birmingham: New loan signing Jonny Williams is not in the Ipswich Town squad for this afternoon’s Championship game against Birmingham City at Portman Road.
The 20-year-old – whose temporary switch is due to expire at the end of March – was expected to go straight into the starting XI, but has been left out with what the official website has described as a ‘slight knock’.
In his absence, Paul Taylor has been handed his third league start of the season, replacing Stephen Hunt following last weekend’s 3-0 defeat at table-toppers Leicester City.
Birmingham boss Lee Clark has made three changes to his team following last weekend’s 2-1 win at Blackpool. Aaron Martin, Paul Caddis and Nikola Zigic have replaced Mitch Hancox, Tom Adeyemi and Chris Burke.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-3-3): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Green, Skuse, Tabb; Taylor, Nouble, Murphy.
You may also want to watch:
Subs: Loach, Richardson, Mings, Wordsworth, Anderson, Hunt, Ebanks-Blake.
BIRMINGHAM CITY (4-4-2): Randolph; Spector, Martin, Packwood, Robinson; Caddis, Huws, Lee, Novak; Macheda, Zigic.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Subs: Doyle, Blackett, Howard, Adeyemi, Shinnie, Burke, Ibe.
Referee: Keith Stroud