Team news: Ryan Fraser is fit for trip to Preston, but Daryl Murphy and Jonny Parr are doubts
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Winger Ryan Fraser has been passed fit for Saturday’s trip to Preston North End, but striker Daryl Murphy and full-back Jonny Parr are both injury doubts.
Fraser was subbed in the first half of Ipswich Town’s 2-0 victory over Burnley on Tuesday night with a jarred knee, but manager Mick McCarthy says he’s fine.
“He’s all right, he’s confirmed he’ll be fine for Saturday,” the Blues boss said. “He hasn’t trained, he’s had treatment yesterday and today, but that’s with a view to being okay for Saturday.”
Murphy went off at half-time against the Clarets, McCarthy saying: “He hasn’t trained, he’s got a tight calf, and we’ll have to assess him tomorrow. Hopefully he’ll be okay but there’s more of a doubt about him than there is Ryan.”
Parr played for the Under-21s against Coventry on Monday, scoring in the 3-0 win, but has subsequently complained of a problem with the thigh which troubled him throughout pre-season.
You may also want to watch:
“Jonny Parr came through that fine but this morning he’s just felt his thigh again,” McCarthy added. “Whether that’s just fatigue after the game or not, I don’t know.
“We’ll have to look at it in the morning because he did play and it might just be the aftermath of playing that he’s feeling. Hopefully that’s the case.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 9 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Kevin Bru and Teddy Bishop remain sidelined with hamstring injuries, while Luke Hyam is a longer-term absentee having undergone knee surgery over the summer.