TEAM NEWS: Seven changes for the FA Cup visit of Preston
Ipswich v Preston: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has made seven changes to his starting XI line-up for this afternoon’s visit of League One side Preston North End in the FA Cup third round.
Dean Gerken (groin), Tommy Smith (back) and Daryl Murphy (thigh) are all enforced changes following the 1-1 home draw with Charlton on New Year’s Day, while Paul Anderson, Cole Skuse, Ryan Tunnicliffe and Paul Taylor all drop to the bench.
In comes keeper Scott Loach (his first appearance since August 24), Tyrone Mings (his fourth start for the club), Anthony Wordsworth (first start of the season) and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (his Town debut and first match since breaking his leg and injuring ankle ligaments on April), as well as Carlos Edwards, Luke Hyam and Frank Nouble.
Preston are fourth in League One having lost just one of their last 15 matches and won all three of their games over Christmas.
Simon Grayson has made just three changes to his side following their 3-2 home win over Port Vale on Wednesday. Tom Clarke, Jack King and Joe Garner are replaced by Paul Huntingdon (back after suspension), Keith Keane and Kevin Davies.
You may also want to watch:
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates. Report and reaction to follow.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Loach; Mings, Chambers, Berra, Cresswell; Edwards, Hyam, Wordsworth, Tabb; Nouble, Ebanks-Blake.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
Subs: Crowe, Anderson, Skuse, Tunnicliffe, Hunt, Taylor, McGoldrick.
PRESTON NORTH END (4-4-2): Rudd; Keane, Wright, Huntingdon, Buchanan; Holmes, Kilkenny, Welsh, Gallagher; Hume, Davies.
Subs: Stuckmann, Laird, Byrom, Beavon, Garner, Hayhurst, Brownhill.
Referee: Michael Naylor