Stevenson a big doubt for U’s trip to Bury
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Play-off hopefuls Colchester United are sweating on the fitness of midfielder Ben Stevenson, ahead of this Saturday’s League Two trip to fourth-placed Bury.
Stevenson has been hampered by a sore hamstring this week, and only resumed training today, although boss John McGreal is hopeful that the 22-year-old will be passed fit to start at Gigg Lane.
The U’s have had big problems in the centre of the park in recent weeks, with Harry Pell, who underwent a recent operation on a damaged hamstring, ruled out for the season, and fellow midfielder Brandon Comley still nursing a knee injury.
“Ben has a tight hamstring, perhaps down to fatigue due to all the games he has been playing,” explained McGreal, following this morning’s training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“He has had one or two other niggles as well, in recent weeks, due to the run of games that he has had since he’s been with us.
You may also want to watch:
“Ben missed training on Monday and Tuesday, but was back today, so we will see how he is,” added McGreal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store