Team news: Teddy Bishop, Josh Emmanuel and Myles Kenlock all start for Ipswich Town against MK Dons
Midfielder Teddy Bishop and young full-backs Josh Emmanuel and Myles Kenlock will all start for Ipswich Town against MK Dons tomorrow afternoon.
In what is a dead rubber, following the Blues’ failure to make the play-offs and Dons’ relegation to League One, manager Mick McCarthy has opted to give both Emmanuel and Kenlock more first team football, while Irish midfielder Adam McDonnell could be involved from the bench.
Bishop hasn’t started a first team game since the second leg of the play-off semi-final loss to Norwich last May, but will start against Karl Robinson’s side, although McCarthy is not sure how long the youngster will manage.
“Bish is playing tomorrow, he’s starting,” McCarthy said. “Whether we see him get through the whole game I don’t know.
“I just think he’s ready to start and whatever we can get out of him, 45 minutes at full tilt or 60 minutes, would be great.
“It would be great for him, for his self-esteem going into the summer.
“I was always tempted (to give Emmanuel and Kenlock a game), because it’s a game where we can’t get in the play-offs and we’re not going to affect anybody else.”
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 6 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
However, Daryl Murphy will not be involved either this week or next week at Derby, due to ongoing calf trouble, but Christophe Berra and Luke Varney are available again after recovering from knee and hamstring problems.”
Teenager Andre Dozzell will not be involved having already departed to play for England Under 17s in the European Championships in Azerbaijan.