Team news: Trio should be fit to face QPR despite knocks
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ryan Fraser, Luke Hyam and Daryl Murphy should all be fit to face QPR on Saturday, despite picking up knocks against Reading on Tuesday night.
Fraser had a tight hamstring, Hyam suffered a sore calf and Murphy took a knock to his foot in the 2-1 victory over the Royals, but all three are likely to be involved at Loftus Road.
“We had a few knocks,” McCarthy said. “Ryan had a tight hamstring, Lukey Hyam had a sore calf and Murph had a kick on his foot but they’re all expected to train tomorrow and be involved on Saturday.”
Jonathan Douglas is still suspended following his red card at Birmingham, while Dean Gerken, David McGoldrick and Teddy Bishop remain sidelined.
On Gerken, who suffered a shoulder injury at Birmingham a fortnight ago, McCarthy said: “Gerks is all right. It will take the time that we said. We’re looking at the Hull game (a week next Tuesday).”
Meanwhile, the Blues boss says he’s putting no timescale on the returns of McGoldrick and Bishop, both longer-term absentees with hamstring problems.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll know when they’re ready, we’ll just keep the training and rehab going,” he said.
“I’ve spoken them both today and they’re both happy with their rehab and the timing of it and where they’re at. I’m not one to rush them, it’ll be when they’re ready.”
- 1 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 5 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 8 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 9 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 10 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich