Teddington 0 Chelmsford 3
Division OneTeddington 0 Chelmsford 3Chelmsford produced a professional performance on Saturday to see off bottom club Teddington and consolidate third place in the league.
Teddington 0 Chelmsford 3
Chelmsford produced a professional performance on Saturday to see off bottom club Teddington and consolidate third place in the league.
Chelmsford started the game wary of their opponents who, despite their lowly league position, have enjoyed improvements in recent performances. From the start, Teddington seemed content to allow the visitors time and space in their own half, but were quick to break-up play when they moved the play forward. Chelmsford struggled to settle early on and their cause was not helped when Alex Collins was sin-binned for stopping a rare Teddington attack above his shoulder.
You may also want to watch:
However, Chelmsford gradually pulled themselves into the game and started to string together a few movements that had become familiar in recent weeks. They were duly rewarded when Adrian Palmer latched on to a loose ball in the Teddington D and showed great composure in rounding Alan Martin in the host's goal before rolling the ball into an empty net.
With just one goal between the teams at half-time, the game was still in the balance. However, the game was more or less settled a few minutes into the second period when Collins atoned for his earlier misdemeanour with a deflection from an Adam Hunter cross after a penalty corner had broken down.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
Chelmsford secured victory six minutes from time when Dan Emery wrong footed Martin to send a penalty corner into the bottom right corner of the goal.
Next week Bowdon are the visitors to Chelmer Park in a must win game for Chelmsford. Bowdon currently boast a 100% record and sit five points clear at the top of the league and six above the Essex side. The game starts at 12 noon on Sunday at the Chelmsford Hockey Centre.