Teddy Sheringham to play for Colchester United again
KEM Izzet confirmed this morning that Teddy Sheringham will be playing at his Testimonial game on Saturday, May 12.
Former England, Tottenham and of course Colchester star Sheringham will be at the Weston Homes Community Stadium to support Izzet’s big day.
The 46-year-old is set to play for Phil Parkinson’s Celebrity XI in a match against the current U’s team, following on from the ‘Boys of 92’ versus ‘Men of 98’ promotion clash.
Sheringham became the highest profile signing in the U’s history when arriving at Layer Road for the 2007-08 season, the last at the old ground.
Izzet revealed this morning: “Teddy is definitely coming.
You may also want to watch:
“I‘ve spoken to him on text. I asked him whether I could release it to the press, and he said ‘no problem.’ So he is definitely coming.
“They don’t come much bigger than Teddy Sheringham.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
“As soon as you mention his name, it tends to put another 500 or 1,000 people on the gate. Which is exactly what I want!” added Izzet.