Teenager Adams from Naughton, in Suffolk shows his class with fine junior title victory in Scotland
- Credit: Archant
Culford School pupil Max Adams won the ‘US Kids’ European Championship in Scotland.
Fifteen-year-old Max from Naughton, Suffolk competed against players aged 15-18 years old from across the world to secure one of Europe’s most prestigious junior golf title.
Max will now represent Western Europe against the World at Gullane Golf Club in the Van Horn Cup and will also take part in the ‘US Kids’ World Championship at the prestigious Pinehurst Golf Club in the United States.
Culford’s Director of Golf, former European Tour player, Lawrence Dodd said: “Max is an incredibly strong player that is dedicated to his practice and preparation.
“I believe this to be the first of many successes for him at international level,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow Culford pupils Luke Green (U14) finished tied 29th and 16 under his handicap and Henry Meadows (U11) tied 21st and 23 under his handicap.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour