Telford & Wreckin 1 Ipswich II 2
England HockeySecond Team Cup Round TwoTelford & Wrekin 1 Ipswich II 2 Ipswich's cup run got off to a good start and, with three 14 year olds and two 16 year olds, it was a very young squad that faced a tough test.
Second Team Cup Round Two
Telford & Wrekin 1 Ipswich II 2
Ipswich's cup run got off to a good start and, with three 14 year olds and two 16 year olds, it was a very young squad that faced a tough test.
Paul Calver brought the average age up to 22 as Ipswich came out the blocks brilliantly with youngsters Ben Underwood, Max Underwood, Jono Gall, Ben Glading and Josh Godfrey all impressing and destroying the opposition.
Ipswich went 2-0 up through two brilliant strikes from Gall who did all captain Reed's running for him.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 6 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 7 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 8 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 9 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 10 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
Man of the match was closely contested between Gall and Ben Underwood, but on this occasion Underwood just edged it letting nothing come down his side in a remarkable performance.
Underwood was sent-off for the first time in his career.
Ipswich will host the holders Havant at home in the next round with the youngsters again looking to make a name for themselves on December 9.