Telford & Wreckin 1 Ipswich II 2
England HockeySecond Team Cup Round TwoTelford & Wrekin 1 Ipswich II 2 Ipswich's cup run got off to a good start and, with three 14 year olds and two 16 year olds, it was a very young squad that faced a tough test.
Second Team Cup Round Two
Telford & Wrekin 1 Ipswich II 2
Ipswich's cup run got off to a good start and, with three 14 year olds and two 16 year olds, it was a very young squad that faced a tough test.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Calver brought the average age up to 22 as Ipswich came out the blocks brilliantly with youngsters Ben Underwood, Max Underwood, Jono Gall, Ben Glading and Josh Godfrey all impressing and destroying the opposition.
Ipswich went 2-0 up through two brilliant strikes from Gall who did all captain Reed's running for him.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 9 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
Man of the match was closely contested between Gall and Ben Underwood, but on this occasion Underwood just edged it letting nothing come down his side in a remarkable performance.
Underwood was sent-off for the first time in his career.
Ipswich will host the holders Havant at home in the next round with the youngsters again looking to make a name for themselves on December 9.