“That’s a strong win from the boys” – Colchester United boss John McGreal
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, praised the “character” of his side following this afternoon’s 3-2 home win over Blackpool. The U’s rallied from one-goal down.
Armand Gnanduillet’s 13th minute opener was wiped out by Sammie Szmodics’ 36th minute equaliser, and then a brace from Chris Porter on 56 and 84 minutes.
Brad Potts netted an 89th minute consolation, from a free-kick, for the Seasiders.
“That’s a strong win from the boys!” enthused McGreal.
“From 1-0 down, that shows the character of this team and their desire to get the three points.
You may also want to watch:
“Blackpool are going to be there or thereabouts this season. They’ve spent a bit of money and they had won 3-0 at Yeovil the previous weekend.
“They got an early goal, but we stepped it up and it was a great equaliser from Sammie (Szmodics). It was a good team goal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
“The players took responsibility in the second half, and Chris (Porter) nearly ended up getting a hat-trick. I’m very pleased for him.
“I thought in the first half we gave Blackpool two much respect,” added McGreal.