The Boot Room: Looking ahead to Wigan, team selections and predictions
- Credit: Archant
Watch as Stuart Watson and Andy Warren look ahead to this weekend’s visit to Wigan Athletic.
The Blues are nine points adrift of safety and are at the foot of the Championship table, heading into a game against a side Paul Lambert’s men beat 1-0 at Portman Road in December.
Lambert knows his side need to start winning games if they are to have any chance of survival.
“If we can do that in the next few weeks, then great,” he said. “As I’ve said before, we’re not a team that look like we’re clutching at things, look disorganised and you think ‘where’s the next one coming from?’.
“We’re more than capable of winning games the way we’re playing and that’s a great thing. I think the fans believe in it, we believe that we can go and win games and let’s see what happens.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Winning is a great habit to get onto. If you get winning and get momentum, it’s a great thing.
“And, as I said before, playing-wise I couldn’t ask any more than the way they’re playing. Take our chances, but we were in the game, we’ve got a helluva fight amongst us at the minute and if we keep doing what we’re doing, then let’s see what happens.”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
Watch our video preview above.