“The club as a whole is going in the right direction” – Colchester United boss Kevin Keen
Colchester United manager, Kevin Keen, was pleased with his side’s strong defensive performance in today’s 0-0 draw against play-off chasing Millwall.
The U’s produced a gutsy display, even though Millwall finished the stronger and looked the more likely winners.
But the one point might not be enough, in the final analysis, with the U’s perhaps needing to win all six of their remaining matches to stay up.
“As much as we need to win football matches, you have to look at the last four or five performances,” insisted Keen.
“The club as a whole is going in the right direction, and the players are playing their part and they’re playing for the fans.
You may also want to watch:
“They are giving it a right go.
“Now we’ve got to go again next week, and try to beat Blackpool.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
“The players have come in every day and worked very hard. They are improving as a group.
“I think certainly over the last few months we have improved as a group, and we have defended better as a group,” added Keen.