“There is a lot of fight in this team” – Colchester United winger Jacob Murphy
- Credit: Archant
Jacob Murphy has now plundered three goals in just five appearances for Colchester United, since his arrival on loan from Championship promotion candidates Norwich City.
Flying wide-man Murphy netted the first header of his career, to chalk up the U’s second goal in their 3-1 win over Barnsley on Easter Monday.
In fact, the Norwich man is playing a key role in the U’s quest to avoid relegation.
“It was a really good performance from the boys,” enthused Murphy.
“In the first half, we were a bit off the pace, but in the second half we showed everyone what we can do.
You may also want to watch:
“You also saw the character of the players in that game.
“There is a lot of fight in this team,” added Murphy.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
The U’s travel to relegation rivals Coventry City on Saturday.
Meanwhile, fellow strugglers Scunthorpe lost 2-0 at MK Dons last night, and so remain only three points ahead of the U’s.
See today’s East Anglian Daily Times newspaper for an interview with U’s defender Bongani Khumalo.