“There is a lot of fight in this team” – Colchester United winger Jacob Murphy
- Credit: Archant
Jacob Murphy has now plundered three goals in just five appearances for Colchester United, since his arrival on loan from Championship promotion candidates Norwich City.
Flying wide-man Murphy netted the first header of his career, to chalk up the U’s second goal in their 3-1 win over Barnsley on Easter Monday.
In fact, the Norwich man is playing a key role in the U’s quest to avoid relegation.
“It was a really good performance from the boys,” enthused Murphy.
“In the first half, we were a bit off the pace, but in the second half we showed everyone what we can do.
“You also saw the character of the players in that game.
“There is a lot of fight in this team,” added Murphy.
- 1 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 4 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 5 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 10 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
The U’s travel to relegation rivals Coventry City on Saturday.
Meanwhile, fellow strugglers Scunthorpe lost 2-0 at MK Dons last night, and so remain only three points ahead of the U’s.
See today’s East Anglian Daily Times newspaper for an interview with U’s defender Bongani Khumalo.