“There’s an awful long way to go” – Colchester United boss Tony Humes
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United boss, Tony Humes, wants his team to start producing on a regular basis, rather than recording the odd victory in a so-far disappointing season.
The U’s entertain third-placed MK Dons this evening, hoping to build on last Saturday’s 1-0 win at Oldham.
Humes’ men have not managed back-to-back victories all season, but a susprise win over the promotion-chasing Dons this evening would see them leapfrog Coventry City out of the bottom four.
“We’ve got to do it all again. We need to start getting back-to-back wins,” insisted Humes.
“It’s going to be tough, because we have been struggling at home, but we’ve proved that we can play against the top teams in the league.
You may also want to watch:
“We have got to do it consistently. Just doing it once every two or three games is not enough, that’s why we have been struggling.
“But there’s an awful long way to go, a third of the season, and we are still waiting for that run to come.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
Humes looks set to name an unchanged side tonight.