“There’s been a lot of hearsay” – Colchester United boss Tony Humes on Freddie Sears’ transfer talk
Colchester United boss Tony Humes has revealed that no club has yet made an approach for the club’s leading scorer, Freddie Sears.
Front-runner Sears, who slotted home his 13th goal of the season in the 3-1 defeat at Cardiff in the FA Cup last Friday night, has at present failed to agree terms over a new U’s contract - his current deal expires this summer.
“There’s been a bit of hearsay from a couple of other clubs, but nothing definite,” explained Humes. “They are just football rumour-mills, more than anything. There’s been no definite contact with the club or the chairman.
“Freddie is here for the weekend (at Peterborough), so we are delighted.
“He’s come back into his sharpness and form – not that he wasn’t performing – but he just looked a bit sharper certainly against Crawley and at Cardiff.
You may also want to watch:
“His confidence should be up, after his goal last Friday, so we look forward to him being very prominent. He’s enjoying his football.”
The U’s travel to Peterborough United tomorrow.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 6 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time