There’s Nunn better than Carl at Blaxhall
The opening round of the GH Motorcycles and GB Finch Evening Motocross Championship took place at the Blaxhall circuit near Woodbridge.
With a strong line up of Experts and Junior riders, including a number of British Championship stars, the crowd were treated to some great racing.
In the opening heat of the night, Carl Nunn took the win over Ben Talbott and Jason Morland.
The second heat race saw Chris Bastick hold off Ryan Houghton for the win, with Harry McKenna in third.
In the third heat race it was Syd Bales and Lewis Tombs who produced a race-long battle, Bales grabbing victory with Chris Thorpe in third.
You may also want to watch:
In the final heat race, Joe Bamfield was triumphant over Brad Woodroffe and Steve Bixby.
In the opening semi, Bastick earned an early lead, but a small mistake allowed Nunn into the lead and to take the race win.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
- 10 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
Bastick finished a solid second with Houghton in third and Talbott and Brad Tomlin rounding off the top five.
The second semi would see Tombs battle his way towards the front to take the race win over Bamfield and Bixby in third.
The fourth and fifth places went to Syd Blaes and Woodroffe.
In the Consolation Final it was Paul Hubbard who took the race win with Ben Alexander not far behind in second place.
Third place went to David Bavin, ahead of Daniel Patterson, in fourth, and Dave Whitehead in fifth place.
The Grand Final produced some great racing with Nunn taking the lead off the start ahead of Bastick close behind in second.
Tomlin started the race in third but it was Tombs who was moving forward quickly.
As the race met the halfway point, Tombs was soon into third place and pushing Bastick for second.
Unfortunately the race was cut short due to a red flag, and it would be Nunn who took the win over Bastick and Tombs in third.
Fourth and fifth places went to Brad Tomlin and Steve Bixby.