‘There will be changes!’ – Colchester United boss John McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has insisted that “there will be changes” for this Saturday’s trip to top-five side Mansfield Town.
The U’s have suffered back-to-back 1-0 defeats in their last two games, at the hands of the relegation-threatened duo of Crewe and Barnet, while last weekend’s away fixture at Morecambe was postponed because of a frozen pitch.
McGreal has therefore had a couple of weeks to reflect, especially on possible team selection, as his U’s side bid to revive their flagging play-off fortunes.
“I’d be telling lies if I was to say that I will be keeping the same personnel, and the same team from the Barnet game,” revealed McGreal, during this lunchtime’s press conference at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“There will be changes!
You may also want to watch:
“We have a big squad, with bodies coming back (from injury), and we had a very productive 11 versus 11 in-house game on Tuesday,” added McGreal.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 6 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 10 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef