“They could have scored 10 goals!” – rues Needham Market manager Mark Morsley after 6-0 defeat
- Credit: James Ager
Mark Morsley admitted that his Needham Market side could have conceded 10 goals following tonight’s 6-0 thrashing at Billericay Town.
The Marketmen are still second in the Ryman Premier table, but they were put to the sword by ambitious Billericay.
”We never got going, and some of my players played with fear,” confessed Morsley.
“They scored six goals, but it wouldn’t have been beyond them to score 10 goals.
“To be fair, we were completely out of our depth tonight. But you just have to look at the funding that is behind Billericay, to see that they are a club going places.
You may also want to watch:
“They might only be in mid-table at the moment, but I can see them going on an unbeaten run until the end of the season and beating all the top teams. I think they are miles better than leaders Bognor Regis.
“However, I wanted to see a little more about us tonight, and I didn’t. We haven’t stood up and been counted,” added Morsley.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns