Third time lucky for U’s
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss does not want a repeat of his side’s last two visits to Sheffield United, which both ended in heavy defeats.
The U’s travel to Bramall Lane this Saturday, after an impressive league start that has seen back-to-back 1-0 wins at Gillingham and over Port Vale.
But the Essex club have flopped on their last couple of trips to Sheffield, and Dunne wants a much improved display this weekend.
“I’ve been on that team bus up to Sheffield for the last two games, and it’s been disappointing each time,” said Dunne during this morning’s press conference.
“I know the past reasons why we have failed, and I certainly don’t want it to just be another ‘big day out.’ I’m sick and tired of just having big days out at Sheffield United.
You may also want to watch:
“In the past, the games have been over before we’ve even got going.”
The U’s lost 3-0 at Bramall Lane last February, and were also defeated by the same scoreline the previous year.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk