“This is a chance for me to start afresh’ – Colchester United new recruit Chris Porter
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Colchester United new signing, Chris Porter, has only played five minutes in the Football League this season, but he is ready and waiting to lead the U’s front-line this weekend.
Target man Porter signed from Sheffield United on an 18-month contract this morning, and is expected to spearhead the U’s attack against Leyton Orient on Saturday.
“I’m feeling fresh, rather than rusty,” insisted Porter.
“I’m a fit lad, and I’m ready to start playing games.
“I haven’t played as much as I would have liked this season, especially after finishing as Sheffield United’s leading scorer last season, and then signing an extension to my contract last summer.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been frustrating not to be involved, but this is a chance for me to start afresh,” added Porter.
Experienced striker Porter, aged 31, has made five appearances in all for the Blades this season, but only one in League One – as an 85th minute substitute in a 1-0 home defeat to Barnsley on November 1.
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
He has totalled more than 300 first team appearances in his career, and bagged 11 goals in 45 senior outings for the Blades last season.