Three goals in five-minute spell secure Essex derby win for champions Brightlingsea Regent
- Credit: Archant
Witham Town 0 Brightlingsea Regent 5
Ryman North champions Brightlingsea Regent scored three goals in a five-minute spell, after the hour mark, on their way to a 5-0 win at Witham Town in the Essex derby at Spa Road tonight.
The R’s had already secured promotion to the Ryman Premier by clinching the title with a win over Romford last weekend.
And after a goalless first hour this evening, James Webster’s men went goal-mad in front of a bumper crowd of 402.
Billy Hunt broke the deadlock by lobbing keeper Reece Paine from 35 yards out, and Paine then blundered for the R’s second goal, losing out to Aaron Condon, who then crossed for Tom Richardson to head into an empty net on 62 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Condon then netted the third from a free-kick in the 65th minute, and bagged his second with the R’s fourth in the 87th minute.
George Doyle capped another good night for Brightlingsea by adding a late fifth goal.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 6 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
Meanwhile, Chelmsford City could effectively seal their National League South play-off place, with a victory at lower mid-table Oxford City tomorrow (3pm).
A win would open up a nine-point gap between Chelmsford and sixth-placed Hungerford, with just three matches remaining, and the Clarets have a far superior goal difference.