Ipswich Basketball Club round-up: Dramatic win for Under-18 boys
- Credit: Archant
Noel Lambert’s Under-18 boys fought out a one-point overtime win, 71-70, against Brentwood Fire with 16 points each from Ben Winter, Blake Read and Ethan Price, writes Rob Schatten.
Winter tied the game at the free-throw line with seconds on the clock. An 8-0 run in the first three minutes of overtime gave Ipswich the lead, with Brentwood then scoring seven points in 45 seconds before Ipswich saw the game out.
Ipswich’s Under-16 girls scored a more comfortable 62-36 win over Brighton Cougars.
After a long break from competitive games, Hayley Rigby’s girls had their first home game of the season and didn’t disappoint. The hosts came out fighting early on and never looked in danger of letting their lead slip.
“Everybody showed their strengths and contributed today, which led to us playing some really nice basketball,” said a pleased coach Rigby.
You may also want to watch:
Top scorers were Cameron Taylor-Willis with 19 and Susannah Rafiu with 10.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family