Thumbs up from Jamie Jones at Colchester United
Colchester United keeper Jamie Jones is all set to extend his loan deal, from Preston, until the end of the season.
Jones’ current three-month loan deal will expire next month, after the home game against Barnsley on December 12, but the 26-year-old is confident that he will remain with the Essex club for the remainder of the campaign.
Ex-Everton trainee Jones has been the U’s first choice keeper, since his arrival from Deepdale on September 11, only missing one game - the 6-3 win at Wealdstone in the FA Cup - due to a sore hamstring.
Jones is poised to chalk up his 13th appearance for the U’s, at in-form Millwall tomorrow.
“I’m happy enough to stay at Colchester United, until the end of the season,” insisted Jones.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to help Colchester up the league, and get to 52 points as quickly as possible, and then kick on from there.
“It’s not really down to me to sort it (the deal) out, it’s between the two clubs.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
“But I’ve been given the heads-up. They’ve asked me whether I’m happy, and of course I am. I’m happy for that (loan) to continue.
“It’s good to be playing every week. That’s happening at the moment, and I want that to continue for the rest of the season,” added Jones.
For the full interview with Jamie Jones, and other Colchester United news, see today’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ newspaper