Thunder 500 stars descend on Foxhall this weekend
- Credit: Archant
It’s one of the meetings they have all been talking about for months, writes Dean Cox.
The Media, The Radio, the Social Networks…….everyone’s been buzzing about it and it’s finally here this Saturday, the Thunder 500 Meeting at Foxhall Heath Stadium, Ipswich for a very special action packed race meeting in the ‘Foxhall Bowl’.
Foxhall plays host to a feast of top class Stadium Motorsport with the National Hot Rods in town for their annual ‘shake down’ in preparation for their World Championship in an incredible fortnight’s time, plus the mighty, all action, and no holds barred Brisca F1 Stock Cars and National Ministox to make for an evening of racing the whole family simply won’t forget!
The National Hot Rods are fresh from their English World Championship Series Finale at Aldershot a fortnight ago which saw the Series concluded with the title going to Billy Wood from Newmarket’s Chris Haird and Norfolk’s Carl Waller-Barrett.
This week, there’s no World Qualifying points, it’s all about prestige and track time whilst testing the Foxhall tarmac in readiness for the World Championship and Spedeweekend.
Race Fans are reminded, the 2017 NHR Championship of the World and Spedeweekend on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th July is looming quickly and tickets are selling fast too so be sure to purchase yours asap to save disappointment.
The mighty Brisca F1 Stock Cars are always a massive hit, literally, when they pay their once yearly visit to Foxhall on a track where they can unleash some of the immense power of their Chevrolet V8 Engines.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
It’s a World Championship Qualifier and F1 racing on tarmac is always fast and frantic, Lee Fairhurst, Tom Harris, Dan Johnson, there’s so many quality star drivers in the Formula right now chasing for that chequered flag.
Hopefully, we should also have a visit from the famous Wainman and Harrison families together also.
No doubt this World Qualifying meeting will be another fast, loud and hard-hitting meeting not to miss!
To complete the Motorsport feast, the National Ministox appear featuring the rising future stars of Oval Racing!
Racing starts at the usual time of 6.45pm and turnstiles open at 5pm.