Thurlow Nunn: Felixstowe bid to keep hold of their perfect record
- Credit: Archant
Felixstowe & Walton United make the relatively short trip to Summer Road this afternoon (kick-off 3pm) to face a Walsham-le-Willows side struggling to find their form.
Having played five of their opening six games away from home, the Willows did play their first home match in midweek, but were left still searching for that elusive first league win after going down 4-2 to Newmarket.
The Seasiders travel with their unbeaten league tag and 100% record still intact after their 2-1 midweek win at home to Ipswich Wanderers, but know there is no room for error if they are to record their seventh straight league win.
Victory would see Felixstowe move into top spot ahead of champions Norwich United, who have no game.
Sheridan Driver (hamstring) and Jordan Matthews (shoulder) are doubtful starters, having missed the win against a Wanderers side who travel to Godmanchester today.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in the Premier Division, Hadleigh host Thetford hoping to move up the league table, while Brantham Athletic travel to bottom-of-the-table Fakenham Town.
Whitton United welcome Gorleston, while FA Cup giantkillers Kirkley & Pakefield and Stanway Rovers meet, while Newmarket take on FC Clacton.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 10 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
Non-league football supporters have the chance to watch four games in 24 hours this weekend with the first ‘groundhopper’ event of the season.
Last night saw an intriguing battle commence between Long Melford and Saffron Walden Town – two teams who won promotion into the Premier Division last campaign.
This lunchtime (kick-off 12pm), First Division leaders Wivenhoe Town travel to Cornard United.
Non-league fanatics can then travel to Haverhill Rovers’ New Croft stadium as they take on Swaffham Town (kick-off 3pm), before Ely City host Haverhill Borough (kick-off 6pm).