THURLOW NUNN LEAGUE ROUND-UP: Ipswich Wanderers win derby game at Whitton United
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Wanderers enjoyed a 2-0 win at Whitton United in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division last night.
Midfielder Jack Severy, who scored twice in the 4-0 opening day win against Diss, opened the scoring, before Liam Jennings added a second before the break.
Elsewhere, Hadleigh United hung on to defeat Wivenhoe United 2-1 at home, having taken a 2-0 lead courtesy of David Lorimer and Scott Chaplin.
At Brantham Athletic, Felixstowe & Walton were leading 2-0 thanks to Tom Dew and Rhys Barber’s strikes, before the game was abandoned due to floodlight failure, early in the second half.
Walsham-le-Willows lost 2-1 at Thetford Town, while Kirkley & Pakefield were beaten 2-1 at home to Norwich United.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, Braintree Town Reserves were 1-0 victors over AFC Sudbury Reserves, Halstead won 2-0 at Cornard United, Debenham LC defeated Leiston Reserves 4-0 and Stowmarket Town lost 2-0 at home to Team Bury.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest